It’s a new season, and that means it’s time for some new costumes. The theme of this article is to help you find ideas for your next adult costumes so you can dress like your favorite character from literature or history. I’ve put together two sets: one for couples and one for singles.
Frankfurter and Itchy (Costumes)
Frankfurter and Itchy are characters in the movie The Rocky Horror Picture Show. Furthermore, Frankfurter is a dog, and Itchy is a mouse. They are friends of Dr. Frank N. Furter, who lives on Transylvania’s castle grounds with his creation Rocky.
Lion Tamer with a little stuffed lion
- Lion tamer costume: this would be a great costume to wear to a pool party or beach party. It’s fun, colorful, and playful.
- Lion headpiece: you can buy this on Amazon for about $40. Of course, you could also make it yourself using cardboard and paint if you like to DIY your costumes!
- Lion paws: these are not essential, but they do add an extra bit of flair to your outfit so maybe pick these up, too, if you’re feeling bold enough!
- Lion tail: if not the tail, then at least get some sort of fake fur piece that will look good when attached to the back of your leotard (and help keep it warm). You could even go all out with a full lion wig, too, which would look pretty cool, I think!
Roman Goddess and Gladiator (Costumes)
Before you dive into the world of Roman gods and goddesses, you should know that it’s a long time since such an outfit was worn on a regular basis. If you’re looking for something to wear on Halloween or another themed party, then this could be a great choice for you.
However, as per the experts at Smiffy’s, “If you’re looking for something that could be worn often throughout the year (like in your own home), then perhaps Roman-style attire is not the best choice for you.” You may want to consider other options instead!
If your goal is simply dressing up as a goddess or gladiator at a party. Then there are plenty of costumes available online or in stores near where you live.
Goth couple with dark goth makeup
Goth is a subculture of modern youth who adopt styles of dress and adornment that are dark, often black, and gothic. The Gothic style originated in the United Kingdom in the early 1980s and spread to North America by the early 1990s.
The Goth movement usually includes dark attire such as black eyeliner, lipstick, leather jackets, or PVC clothing; white foundation makeup; pale skin; pale hair with black undertones (typically dyed); thin eyebrows; large hoop earrings worn by women and multiple piercings for both sexes. However, there are other variations. Such as Fashion Goth (which is more about fashion) or Emo Goth which means Emotional Goth.
The wife of Lot (from the Bible), turned into a pillar of salt
You will need the following:
- A white dress shirt, a tie, and jeans.
- A pillar of salt.
If you have ever wanted to be Lot’s wife, this costume is perfect for you! Lot was the nephew of Abraham, and his wife was named Sarah. They were living in Sodom, which was a city in the valley of the Jordan River. The men of Sodom wanted to have sex with Lot’s visitors (the angels). So he offered his daughters to them instead. Lot’s wife did not approve and was turned into a pillar of salt when she looked back at her hometown while they were fleeing their enemies.
If you’re looking for ideas on what to wear to your next Halloween party, these costumes are great options. They’re funny, cute, and easy to put together!